Sunday, July 7, 2013

Alex's Scriptures

Alex has been able to email us and read our emails whenever he wants this week.  Normally, he only checks his email on Friday.  We have been blessed to have so many comforting words from him!  In almost very email from him, he asked us to read a scripture.  
I wanted to share those with his friends and family who may need comfort.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Doctrine & Covenants 137

Doctrine & Covenants 138

Doctrine & Covenants 121: 6-9
6 Remember thy suffering saints, O our God; and thy servants will rejoice in thy name forever.
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

Moroni 10:34
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

Doctrine & Covenants 18: 15-16 (Sydney's favorite scripture)
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment