Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

This week has been really busy for me, which is awesome. 
My companion, Elder Gonzalez and I have confirmed the baptismal date for F____ H. for this Sunday, so we will have yet another baptism! It is really exciting to be working in this new area that I'm in, there's so much work to be done. We are also working with 5 other investigators: L____, M____, E____, B____, and J_____. We've set a baptismal date for L_____ to be baptized next month on the 29 of Dec and Magali and Elizabeth both show a lot of interest in the gospel. So ever since I came to this area of Providence, I've pretty much been teaching lessons non-stop. It's great! I never knew missionary work would be so exhausting-spiritually, physically and mentally, but it is definitely worth it. 

So to give you an idea of how Elder Gonzalez is (my new companion), he is pretty much intelligent, which is an understatement... The kid is 18 years old, knows 6 languages, and has already been accepted to Princeton and is planning to go there after his mission. And another thing as well, he also has photographic memory- for real. So he never forgets anything, even the smallest of details that occurs. It's nuts! It's almost like I'm working along side with a computer haha. But he is a fantastic missionary non the less. He has already taught me so much from just a few short days I've been able to work with him. We are able to work well with each other and hopefully we'll continue to do so.
As you guys have heard as well, I was able to meet Chase and his family this past Friday. They took us out to lunch in downtown Providence and we had a great time. They told me how great you guys are (Karen and Dad) and how much they loved having you guys visit. The Richardsons told me how much they especially loved Karen and how much they were thankful for the hotel hookups. So I was like "yep that's my step-mom" :) But yeah we had some good laughs and it was nice to have spent some time with my former companion, he is just a solid guy. I know we'll continue to have a good friendship as well. 
Despite the arctic temperatures that are already occurring here in NE, everything is going well. I'm still on bikes too, so it feels even more cooler outside........
 
With this week being Thanksgiving, there is so much to be grateful for. I am thankful for the work of the Lord and I know that it has really blessed so many people including us. I'm thankful for the support of family and friends through good and bad times that have occurred in my life, both recently and in the past. And I'm thankful for this gospel and how many people I've been able to touch because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment