Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31st

Family,

Thanks for your letters. .....
As far as anything new that happened since the last time I wrote you guys, not much has been going on. The weather is still awful, in fact it even snowed a little bit earlier today. I just can't wait for the warm weather to come. 

Elder Johnston and I are doing well and working hard. We ended up going to that Catholic mass yesterday like we promised our less active friend. In fact, it wasn't even Catholic mass, it ended up being some kind of group that didn't believe in organized religion. All they believe was that all you needed to do was read the Bible and believe in Jesus Christ and you were saved. It was very weird nonetheless. And our less active friend never even came to our sacrament meeting after he got done with his "church," so it really wasn't worth going to I guess. Other than that, nothing too much has happened this week. Our investigators are slowly progressing. The only thing holding these people back, both our less actives and investigators, is their commitment or desire to attend church. This has been one of the biggest struggles with a lot of the Hispanic people, that at least I've dealt with on the mission. They promise you they'll go and then they either end up having to work or they make up an excuse to not go. It's kind of frustrating, but it is what it is.    

I just want to bear my testimony on General Conference and the importance of this time of the year to hear the words of our Prophet, President Monson, and his counselors. I am so blessed to be able to receive further instruction and guidance on what I need to do, not only for me as a missionary, but as a person in general. I know that our Prophet receives direct revelation from the Lord. He addresses concerns and needs of what we need to do as members of the church to strengthen our testimonies, which will bless our lives so that we may be able to overall become better and happier. I've never in my life been more excited to watch General Conference. This is something that's more of a need rather than a want at this point in my life.
 
 

I also received your packages in the mail this week. Thank you guys so much!! 

......

Can't believe I'm saying it too, but Lets go Wisconsin!!  Keep working hard guys. Love ya all.       
   


Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment