Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27th

Family,
I am just going to write a short email to let you know how my week was and how I'm doing. I wasn't able to write yesterday due to Memorial Day... so I am taking this quick opportunity I have today to do so now.

Starting off with last Friday, Elder Holland was able to speak to all of our mission and share his thoughts on our missionary/personal efforts and ways that we can better reach out to others. The spirit was so powerful during the whole meeting. I also had the opportunity to shake his hand and meet his wife along with Elder Hallstrom of the 70. All of them spoke and it was just incredible! There are many things that Elder Holland spoke to us about... too many to even be written in this email and many that are very personal, which I know helped further strengthen my testimony and was certainly a blessing my life. It was awesome nonetheless and I know that Elder Holland is a man ordained from God to be in the position of the church that he is in. 
On Sunday, our buddy J__ M___ was baptized. I had the opportunity to perform his baptismal ordinance as well. I attached a picture of J____, Elder Johnston and I. It's a blessing to be a part of something that will change that his life forever. I know that his family will
be blessed for the decision that he made as well. 

Yesterday, as you all know, I had the opportunity to go to the Temple. I can't tell you how much of a blessing it is to go to the Temple and to experience that peace and calmness we feel every time we step foot into the Celestial Room. Going to the Temple as often as I do is definitely one of the things I cherish most about my mission. 
As far as the people we work with, there are many families who we have invited to join the group and who are also willing to support us. Our only progressing investigators we have right now is an 18 year old from Peru, Hiro C_____ and his 14 yr old brother O___. Both have already taken the discussions from past missionaries. We will see how everything works out with them along with the group that starts this Sunday, June 1st!
I also had the opportunity to go down to Boston for our P-Day after our trip to the temple. Great times dad!! Can't believe it was 2 years ago... 
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and will continue to enjoy this week and work hard.
Thanks for all you love and support. Les quiero mucho!     

No comments:

Post a Comment