Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th

Family,

Thank you for all your emails and responses back. Like I mentioned to you from my letter a couple days ago, I decided to extend my mission! I am so excited to know that I will have the opportunity to finish the rest of my mission with President Packard and the rest of his family. I also believe that I will have even more opportunities to see greater miracles happen because of this. I don't know what or when this will happen, but I am certainly anticipating what is yet to come for me and for those that I will be able to serve with for these last few months.  

This past Saturday, M___ M___ was baptized! She is an older woman who is related to a recent convert that was baptized just a few months prior back in November. The recent convert, G____ W_____, was converted to the church because one day he came across an LDS ad on the internet. The song "Glorious" by David Archuleta was the ad that was on the internet and he felt moved by the song. He is a veteran from the Vietnam War and never really had any interest in religion, until he heard that song and decided to call the missionaries about our faith. He ended up getting baptized just a short time later, and is now one of our strongest members of the ward with such an incredible testimony. He was the one who was able to introduce M_____ into the church and is now helping hasten the work by trying to convert the rest of his family! So that is where we are right now, by helping G____ to introduce the gospel to the rest of his family:)


Not too much has been going on since the last time I wrote. This past week all the missionary leaders in the mission went to the Temple, which was an awesome experience as always. That was the time and place where I also received greater insight on deciding whether or not it would be worth extending the mission time. The Temple really is a sacred place where we can be able to receive direct answers to questions we desire to receive. I'm blessed to have those opportunities to attend the Temple on my mission.

Thanks for the pics and the updates on the missionaries serving in the ward. I can't believe Holden is already planning to come home this Wednesday... I also can't believe March Madness is already starting up! Great time of the year, no doubt. 

......... But until then, keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.  

Les Quiero Mucho! 


Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment