Wednesday, October 9, 2013

General Conference Weekend and Transfers

So on Sunday, Oct 6 between the morning and afternoon sessions of general conference, I was able to baptize A______ (left of me) and Elder Stones, my good friend back from the mtc, was able to baptize F______. It was such an incredible experience! This gospel not only blesses the lives of others, but it is a blessing to us personally as well. D&C 18:15-16

I just wanted to share and remind you guys how grateful and blessed we were to hear such inspirational and powerful messages that were shared during General Conference! Honestly, this was probably the first time in my life where I actually had that "thirst" or desire to listen intently to the talks of each General Authority that were spoken. Not only because of the fact that I'm a missionary and we're required to do so, but with everything that's been happening, I really needed to be spiritually uplifted. And that's why I was so anxious to watch GC, it could not have come during a better time for me. I also can't tell you how blessed I was personally to hear the words from our beloved prophet, President Monson, especially the talk that he gave during the Sunday Morning session. I felt like he was talking directly to me. Definitely was an answer to my prayers, and I'm sure towards many others as well. 



My new companion's name is Elder Santos. He's Mexican so he's a native speaker, but he's also almost finished with his mission so he knows pretty good English as well. I met him once, he's a good guy. I'll meet him tomorrow for sure in transfer meeting so I'll tell you guys more about him later and send pics as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment