Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30 - last email before transfers.....

The weather is starting to get a little more chilly and the leaves are already changing color here in New England now that we're in the fall. I'm doing good here in Providence, not too much has happened to me this past week though. I'm just really blessed to know that Conference is coming up this weekend. It seems like it could not have come at a better time. I've been praying to receive some sort of guidance from either the Prophet or one of the members from the General Authority to help strengthen me in the work. Because I know that the Prophets' words are directly from our Heavenly Father and its a blessing to be able to have a testimony of that.  

(To listen to General Conference this coming weekend or anytime, go to https://www.lds.org/general-conference)


Some other news that happened... Last Friday I was able to see one of the young women from our ward open her mission call. She got called to the San Diego, CA mission- Mormon Battalion Center Spanish Speaking and leaves in Dec. We were joking with her that it was supposed to be a mission and not a vacation, haha. But still, that is so cool that there is a mission specifically in Old Town, SD! I didn't even know that there was a specific mission for just that place, I thought it was just volunteers. I told her she would love it.


I was able to go to the Boston Temple for the first time on my mission this past Saturday. It was sweet! I was able to attend the temple with 10 other people from our ward and help perform conformations parte en ingles y el otro en espanol. I love going to the temple, that is the place where I feel most at peace in my life. I hope you guys are able to go to the temple whenever possible. I can't tell you how important it is to attend. Not only in behalf of yourselves, but for service for others.



No comments:

Post a Comment