Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21

Family,
 
Thank you for your letters this week. As for me, I am doing well. One really cool thing that happened this week was that one of the members of the stake presidency interviewed some of our recent converts and a couple of the less active members of our ward to see if they could possibly receive the higher, Melchizedek Priesthood to become an Elder. A couple of those that were interviewed included AD and BY (FrF- I mentioned this guy once in an email about 5 months ago, he was a guy who Elder Richardson and I found contacting on the street who owned the tattoo parlor. He was less active for the longest time but recently started coming back to the church:) Anyways, how amazing would that be for both these two guys?!? Just having the opportunity to work with both of them and to see their spiritual progress is incredible! I know that the Lord, in His due time, has a plan for every individual. I am blessed to be a witness of the miracles that have taken place in the lives of some these people.   
 
Lets see, last Friday I had an interview with my mission president... President Packard is basically an inspired man called of God to be my mission president at this very time in my life. He asked me how everyone was doing, I told them that you guys were doing great. I told him how Jazz was loving her mission and how she loves the culture and the people over in Chile. And I mentioned how you guys were planning to take the trip to Beaumont/New Orleans for the weekend. (Pres Packard was the former bishop in Beaumont back 12-15 years ago or so). You could probably guess where the conversation turned to from there. Nevertheless, we had a great talk. I'm very blessed to have a great relationship with him.
 
 
4 things that are important to keep in mind this week if you are facing any difficulties or problems. 
Listen
Learn
Work
Love. 
These are essential to receive guidance and answers from the Holy Spirit. I know these things to be true as I try to live these basic principles everyday as a missionary.
 
 
I hope everyone has a great week this week. Keep working hard. Love you guys. 

Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment