Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9th

Family,


Thank you for all your letters! It sounds like everyone is doing great.

This week was yet another exciting week for us! This past Wednesday we extended another baptism date for one of our new investigators, N____ L_____. He is originally from Portugal but has lived in the states for some time now. So we were able to teach the Restoration to him, parts in Portugese and other parts in English, which was very cool. His girlfriend was also recently baptized in the ocean off the coast of Lisbon, Portugal just 3 weeks ago. We pray and hope that work won't get in the way of church for both N____ and F_____ (his girlfriend). 

We also had our stake conference this past weekend. It was such a neat experience because we had both 2 members of the 70 come to speak to us, Elder Lansing and Elder Nielsen. They were present during this stake conference because there were recent changes and callings for our stake presidency here in the Nashua stake. Both Elder Lansing and Elder Nielsen gave amazing talks, all directed towards missionary work. During Elder Nielsen's talk, he showed a video with all the missionaries who sang "called to serve" during the world-wide broadcast that was presented from last year's theme "Hastening the Work of Salvation." The very same broadcast that I sang in when I was in the MTC choir! I don't know if you guys had the opportunity to ever watch that broadcast, but it hit me during that presentation just how significant it was and still am that I am part of the "Work of Salvation" at this very time. Elder Perry gave a quote during the broadcast that explains just how important this time is, he says “This is the most remarkable era in the history of the Church. This is something that ranks with the great events that have happened in the past history, like the First Vision, like the gift of the Book of Mormon, like the Restoration of the gospel, like all of the things that build that foundation for us to go forward and teach in our Heavenly Father’s Kingdom.” Jazz and I are missionaries serving during this Historic event that has and will continue to take place. I know that it is not a coincidence that we were called to labor during this specific time and how blessed we are to be a part of it. 

A crazy thing happened this week- The story that I told you all last week about A___, the same restaurant that I gave a blessing over, flooded this past week... he's still interest in the gospel, but it's pretty sad because he told us now he wouldn't have enough time to listen to the discussions since he only works one job and things are pretty crazy for him right now. It's good that he is still positive about everything because he said that his insurance would take care of it. He plans to return to that job back in the restaurant in a few weeks once everything is fixed. We hope that the English Elders will work well with him once he gets everything fixed with that restaurant.

Another one of our investigators, C____ M_____ is progressing and will hopefully receive a baptismal date soon. Other than that, not too much has been happening this week. We visit a lot of members and try as much as possible to get in contact and invite our inactive members.     

Dad- I'm excited to get your letter, I hope you know that I really appreciate when you send those to me! What's going on with the Red Sox man?! I hear the Yankees aren't doing so hot either lol. Its all good, there's still plenty of season left for the Sox. 
Karen- I hear you on the part about Utah. First thing I think of is Lake Powell though!!! Great times, can't wait to go back! How many Temples can you cover in one trip?! That is so cool. What a special blessing it is to visit all those sacred places, 7 Temples in 3 hours... only in Utah I guess haha. I did get the scriptures for Aaron the other day, I will have them mailed to him later on this afternoon. 
Jazz- Que esta pasando con la clima por aya??... Esta chile en chile, eso no tiene sentido jaja:) Sigue trabajando cada dia. Miras a los pequenos milagros cada dia. Eso me ayudo especialmente cuando la clima fue muy duro y frio para mi aqui en new england.     

Yesterday we also had the opportunity to attend a baptism to an investigator we taught back in Nashua, I____ R_____. I attached a photo of him and I. How great it is to see the success from our labors! 

Thanks for all your love and support. I pray for you guys daily.

Les quiero mucho!
    

Elder Berthelson
BostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment