Monday, March 3, 2014

February 24th

Family,

Thank you for your emails. Today I am writing a little earlier because I just got done playing early morning basketball for my P-Day with some of the members from the Marrimack Ward (another english ward) and a couple other missionaries. I think we're planning on doing this every P-Day, which should be fun - also means I'll be sending my emails out early to you guys. But anyways, this week has been good. We have a baptismal date set for an eight year old kid, GZ, whose mom is a less active but is now coming to church with the rest her family. Although he's still at a young age, he is technically considered one of our investigators and he's also progressing so much! We have the baptismal date set for March 16 for him so we are very excited for him and his family! We are also working with another one of our investigators, PJ, who we are planning this week to set a firm baptismal date with her for as early this upcoming month in March. So as far as our investigator work goes, we are doing great! We have also worked really hard with our less actives, members, and basically all the hispanics here in the area to let them know about the group that will be taking place by this upcoming Sunday March, 2. So overall we are very excited for what's to come here in the next few weeks! 

One of the things that I have been studying a lot recently is the words of King Benjamin in the early chapters of Mosiah (1-6). I have read his words over and over and everytime I read it I am fascinated by his boldness, especially how he phrases this scripture in Mosiah chapt. 4:9,11-12

 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all
wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend
 .
11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a
remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

Even as strong members of the church, we need to always remember to humble ourselves and call on the Lord daily. And as we do so, it is promised that we will be filled with the love of God and be happy. I know these words to be true as I am doing everything I can to improve my relationship with Him through my own personal prayers.

Keep working hard guys. I know that the Lord will continue to bless our family and friends. 

Les quiero mucho!     

   
Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment