Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18th

Family,
I am doing well. Yesterday we had our baptism for L____ B____! My comp was able to perform the ordinance for her. We were all super thrilled and I think her mom has also taken some interest into learning more about the Gospel as well. Her family is originally Catholic, but after all that happened yesterday with the baptism, I believe it may have just sparked a little bit more of interest for L____'s family to want to learn more. We'll just have to find out. Nonetheless, it was a great day overall! 
Other than that, not too many things have happened over this past week... Kind of like you guys, it has just been one of those weeks. Except for Jazzy, wow! Even though it might have been from the previous week, that is really exciting to hear about N______ and also the conversation you were able to have with one of your members who didn't have a testimony of the BOM. But through inspired questions, you were able to reach out to his needs, which I'm assuming was exactly what he needed at that point. I'm sure you guys were able to be a huge blessing for him. Way to stick it to the members J! jaja:)

One of my favorite things about being in the position that I'm in now is that we have the opportunity to go on exchanges once a week. I am able to relate well to a lot of the missionaries, some whom I wouldn't think I'd have anything in common with them. I'm able to not only see their view point as a missionary, but I'm blessed to be able to work with these missionaries on a more personal/spiritual level. This is absolutely one of my favorite things to do as a missionary, to help other missionaries find ways to grow and become successful. 

Thanks again for your letters! 
K- Thanks for the addition to my checking account. Just to let you know though, I had to get a brand new suit tailored. So right now my balance is low again... if you could just add an additional 20 I'd appreciate it. 
Dad- I think I remember you telling me about a month ago or so that you were planning to go to a couple of A's games in Oakland for your B-Day. If that's so, I hope you enjoy the time out there, great memories for sure!! Happy Birthday Dad:)
Hope all is well this week.
Les Quiero mucho!! 

Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment