Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25th

Family,
I am doing well as always:) I am blessed to be kept safe as well. Dad- I heard about the earthquake that happened in Northern Cal. That's crazy! Be safe on your travels. I can say the same for myself as well. 

Last week Monday for our P-Day, after playing beach volleyball down in Bridgeport, my companion and I got into a minor car accident coming back from the beach. I was asleep in the passenger's seat so I didn't really see everything, but we are O.K. nonetheless. Because of the damage that was done to the car (we were hit in bumper to bumper traffic) Elder Ripplinger and I had to ride bikes for the majority of the week. Basically I've been riding bikes for my ENTIRE MISSION, they just can't take me off those things haha. Heavenly Father just wants me to stay fit I guess:) But because we didn't have a car, we were able to pick up a new investigator on the street, T___ R_____, who was thoroughly interested in hearing our message. We ended up teaching him our purpose as missionaries and we have a return appointment with him tomorrow; along with another investigator, M_____, that we were able to shortly meet yesterday. We are blessed to- First, have safety in our travels. And second, to be given opportunities to share the gospel, even in the most inconvenient situations that were presented to us. Last Friday, we ended up getting a replacement car because of the amount of area that we cover and the other responsibilities that we have. So we will not have any further problems when it comes to our efforts in the Lord's work. Plus I'll be the one driving from now on.
I was able to do the Confirmation for L____ yesterday. It is always a joy being able to exercise my Priesthood Responsibilities and to receive promptings from the spirit that are strong. This week as well, I was able to study a lot about faith and how our firm belief in Christ will determine the outcome of any given situation that we are faced with... along with answering, of what I believe, the commonly asked question that people have asked us as missionaries is, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" That question relates back to Faith. How it is essential that we are tested and tried in this life in order for spiritual growth to occur and to prove if we will remain faithful unto Him till the end. (Ether 12:27 

MARTHA BALE IS GOING TO AFRICA!!!!!!!!!! I am still shocked even typing this right now!!! And she will be speaking Portuguese!!! :):):) Tell her I said: Parabéns. Você será um missionário incrível!!! (Congrats. You will be an amazing missionary!!) I'm so excited for her as well as for those that are leaving or about to leave soon for their missions. What an amazing experience they will have. 

Karen- Thanks for the pics. All your family seem like their doing great! I thought maybe there was a chance that you were able to hit up Lake Powell as well while you were on your trip lol:) That's great how you were able to be with your family up in CO. Let me know anything I can do to help out with family names as well. FYI pants are great, thank you. And if you could send some music on CD that would be great too!
Dad- Great times and Great memories my man, you know it!! Some places here in CT actually remind me of a little bit like Oakland... Oh sweet seats by the way for the A's game! Glad you were able to enjoy your birthday:) (Don't let me be the one holding you back from the Bay area man. Make sure to go to a Giants game for the next time)
      
​Jazzy- Consejo por la semana- Remember the Acronym: B.O.B.O.D.I. (hint: ​B= Bizness:) hahahaha creed. Te quiero J!

Thank you guys for all your love and support. It sounds like everyone is happy and doing well. Keep working hard.   

​Les Quiero Mucho!!​

Elder BerthelsonBostonStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment